Fall is my favorite season and the more the leaves fall and the weather chills down, the more excited I get. I’m ready for over-sized sweaters, apple picking and lots of dessert! So, even though fall has a way to go, I’m ready to start baking. Today I’m sharing my go-to apple cinnamon rolls recipe with a maple glaze icing.
This recipe is for a 9×13 pan which makes about 12 cinnamon rolls.
For the Dough:
2 Cups of flour
2 Tbs of Sugar
4 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
3 Tbs Unsalted Butter (Room temperature)
3/4 Cup of Milk
For the Filling:
2 Tbs Unsalted Butter(Room temperature)
1/2 Cup packed light or dark brown sugar
1 and 1/2 Tbs ground cinnamon
2 Cups chopped apples (about 2 medium apples any variety)
For the Icing:
1 Cup confectioners Sugar
2 Tbs Maple syrup
2 Tbs Milk
1. Set the oven to 325 °F and grease your 9×13 pan
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer attached with the paddle attachment; mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Drop in your soften butter and pour in the milk until a soft dough forms
4. Roll out your dough on a floured surface and make it about 1/2 inch thick
5. In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon and butter for the filling until it resembles coarse sand. Put to the side
6. Chop up your apples into little pieces
7. Pour your filling onto your dough and spread evenly.
8. Evenly spread the apples throughout on top of the filling
9. Start rolling the dough tightly and then cut 12 rolls out of your dough and place them into your greased pan
10. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until they appear brown and golden.
11. Once done, remove them from the oven and place to the side
12. Make the icing by mixing together all the ingredients
13. Take your icing and drizzle over your cinnamon rolls and serve and enjoy!
These cinnamon rolls taste just like fall to me and are the perfect thing to make on a cool day. They are heavenly!! Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe down below!