With the madness that is the holiday season, sometimes it’s nice to kick back in your pajamas, drink some hot cocoa, and relax by watching a holiday movie. Below we’ve listed some of our favorite Christmas Movies.
- Unaccompanied Minors
I’m not sure what it is about this movie that has captivated me, but it became one of my favorites a few years ago. It probably has to do with the fact that I love traveling and being stuck in an airport always sounded fun to me growing up. I wouldn’t approve of that now though lol
- The Holiday
I’ve always dreamed off swapping houses with someone who lives in a cottage in England during the wintertime with snow blanketing everything and the wood crackling in the fireplace.
- Home Alone Series
I’ll just name them all because I don’t have a favorite. They all just bring me back to my childhood and it just puts a smile on my face
- Jingle All The Way
They seem to never show this movie on tv, but this dad keeps letting his son down and he has to go through great lengths to get his son the most wanted action figure.
- A Christmas Prince
This movie is sooo cheesy, but it sucked me in. It’s on Netflix and it’s about a journalist who goes overseas for a story about the prince, but ends up falling in love with him instead.
- The Santa Clause Series: This movies with Tim Allen are some of my favorite movies to watch. It starts with divorced parents sharing custody of their son. Tim Allen’s character accidentally kills Santa and has to become him before the next christmas arrives. He goes through many changes and it’s just such a great movie. The series follows him and his son and their adventures in and out of the North Pole. In my opinion it’s a must watch.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas: I’ve always liked the animated version but I think that the live-action adaptation with Jim Carrey is hands down better. I love watching this movie because of all the sets, they are so beautifully made and it almost makes me wish I could be in whoville too. lol This is one of those movies I watch every time christmas time comes around.
- Deck the Halls: This movie follows two neighbors fighting to see who has the most christmas spirit. At one point one of them goes so far to try and light his house up so brightly that it can be seen from space! This is such a fun and silly movie and I always enjoy watching it with my family.
- Four Christmases: I love all things Reese Witherspoon so it’s no surprise that this made my list. This follows a couple who plans to vacation for the holidays but their plans end up getting ruined and they must spend the holidays with their families. It’s funny and relatable in so many ways.
- The Family Stone: OMG, how could I literally forget about this. I am so obsessed with this movie and I watch it even when it’s not christmas time. It basically follows a family during the holidays as they welcome a new member to the clan and face some hard issues. I love love looooove this movie so much and I can’t stress it enough that you need to watch it, it might even make you cry lol.