How is everyone doing?
Because I have such a massive sweet tooth, my weakness, I’ve listed some easy desserts that you can make and they don’t take much time at all. And also, what is quarantine without baking?
1. S’mores Dip
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips (whatever you like)
- 12 jumbo marshmallows, halved
- graham crackers
*adjustments can be made depending on the size of your skillet, I used a 7 inch cast iron skillet*
- Adjust the rack to the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Stick the skillet in the oven while the oven is preheating (for easy cleanup, I lined my skillet with foil)
- Once your oven is ready, hold your hot skillet with a pot holder and swirl butter around until you coat the sides and the bottom
- Now pour the chocolate evenly on the bottom of the skillet, then add the marshmallows on top until completely covered.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until marshmallows are toasted to your liking (watch closely). You can even broil the top for a minute or two to get a light golden brown color
- Take the skillet out with a pot holder and allow it to rest for around 5 minutes
- Serve with graham cracks for scooping and enjoy!
2. Chocolate Bark
Supplies + Ingredients:
- Candy melts (I chose 3)
- Colorful sprinkles (optional)
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper or wax paper
- Wooden spoon
- Toothpick or wooden skewers
- Flat spatula
1. Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the packaging, either on the stove top or microwave.
2. Separate the melted chocolate into their own containers/bowls. I chose lavender, white, and yellow for my colors.
3. Then, pour the melted chocolate onto a sheet pan that has been covered with parchment paper. I colored blocked mine, so I did 3 equal parts of each color. Smooth with a flat spatula, if needed.
4. Next, while the chocolate is still in a liquid state on the pan, use a wooden skewer to swirl around the chocolate.
5. Add colorful sprinkles as well, if desired.
6. After, wait for the chocolate to harden completely. You can speed up the process by placing the pan in the fridge.
7. Once the chocolate is completely hardened, use the back of a wooden spoon to break the chocolate up into pieces of bark.
3. Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
For this one, I looked up a recipe and chose this one here. The only downside was my cookies came out huge!
4. Mini Cinnamon Rolls
1 package (8 rolls) crescent rolls
2 tbsp. butter, melted
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
¼ tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat the cupcake/muffin tin with butter.
2. Unroll the crescent rolls and coat both sides of the dough with butter. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Cover one side of the rolls with the cinnamon sugar mix. Roll each into a spiral, with the sugar-coated side inside. Place rolls in a cupcake/muffin tin.
3. Cook 8-10 minutes or until browned. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine powered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth. Drizzle icing evenly over warm rolls.